Saturday, April 21, 2012

Tired!



EXHAUSTED! Finally caught up on my homework. Garage is almost civilized again. Kids are sweeping and picking up trash in there now. The dogs kinda trashed it while we were all sick. Bathroom.... is almost done. The toilet is defunkified, and man it was AWFUL... has been since we moved in: black hard water deposits, for instance... It's now an acceptably white toilet, thanks to baking soda, lemon juice, vinegar, comet, toilet bowl cleaner, a scrub brush, a steel wool pad, and a couple pairs of gloves. I said it was bad! To further my insanity, I got most of the tub cleaned before getting distracted by how horribly gunky the water handles were, and the white water deposits all over the gold (GAG!!!!) faucets. Yes, replacing all the gold crap IS on the to-do list... Someday. I was planning on just replacing them, but they were SO funky. So I sent Marissa after a flathead screwdriver, popped off the caps, and pulled off the handles. They are now crystal-clear hunks of cheap plastic again! Still on tonight's to-do list:


  • Finish the tub (I ran outta hot water. Boo!)
  • Clean the bathroom sink, and try not to rip the funky handles and faucet off of that!
  • Bathroom floor, and then the bathroom will be done! Yay!
  • Get a couple loads of laundry finished up and maybe folded.

I'll probably actually only get the tub finished.... and pretend I'm too busy to do the rest tomorrow! lol Baby steps towards a more motivated me, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment