Monday, May 14, 2012

"Grab and go" travel bag

I have something in my house that I haven't seen on any other site yet, and it's so simple and useful I thought I would share. I can it a "grab and go" bag. Inside of it, I keep the cords and adapters We would use while traveling that go to the various electronics we might take with us. Right now it has an extra ipod shuffle charger, 2 extra UBS charging cord that fits the various e-readers in our house (a Sony e-reader, a Kindle keyboard, and 2 Kindle Fires) as well as both my phone and Philip's, 2 USB wall plugin adapters, a car USB adapter, and a travel surge protector (that has 3 regular plugs and 2 USB). It usually also has at least 1 battery charger and some extra rechargeable batteries as well. Depending on where we're going, I can also toss in all 4 e-readers and my camera. I personally use a small backpack for it. Because we usually have at least 2 cords to everything (somehow) or cords that can be used for multiple devices, this works really well for us. Keeping it all in a small backpack means it's all kept together and easily grabbed on our way out the door, and doesn't get left in the car where the heat can mess something up. Since we've started taking the dogs with us more, I may add in an extra leash as well.

Since we don't do a lot of long-distance travel, it may seem odd that I have this put together, or that it wouldn't get much use. It actually gets used a lot. Whenever we have appointments that may mean a wait in a waiting room, I take it with us, and make sure the readers are all in it. I don't always make sure they are charged, though. Oops. Yeah, I'm an imperfect mom, I admit it, and I'm ok with that lol. All we have to do is find a plugin and we're set, though. The battery charger is kept in there mostly so I know where it is. I have another one I keep in my desk drawer as well.

Does anyone else have something like this? What do you keep in it?

2 comments:

  1. I used to. During baseball season I still do (like now!). We are keeping sunflower seeds (yep baseball season) baby wipes (they tend to not ou soap in the bathrooms and who knows when thy will run out of tp) and any other snacks (tootsie rolls right now) and usually I throw in my crocheting. My phone is my e reader. And I have a car charger, along with the other car charger for my sons phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snacks.... Definitely something I should add!

    ReplyDelete